I’m still learning blogger etiquette here but when these two fabulous ladies nominated me with awards I decided to consolidate them into 1 post! This is such a cool way for you guys to get to know me better and I’d love to hear your answers too!
Thank you to the lovely Louise who so sweetly nominated me for the Beauty Blogger Award! Check out her blog simplylouisehouse and see my answers to her questions here:
- Who do you look to for style inspiration? For casual style inspiration I love Jennifer Aniston’s cool, sharp & sexy style (she’s taught us that simple is best – the key is the fit of clothes. She actually gets her T-shirts tailored!) and I can’t get enough of Lauren Conrad’s feminine, classic style when it comes to dressed up outfits.
- What is your go to eye shadow pallet? Naked 2 by Urban Decay hands down.
- What would be your best makeup tip? Starting with a good canvas. I’ve actually started applying makeup before and washed it off and started over because my skin wasn’t 1) exfoliated enough or 2) moisturized enough. Those two things make the biggest difference!
- If you could give one piece of advice to a younger you just starting out with makeup, what would it be ? Dear lord, stop over plucking your eyebrows. The humanity!
- Foundation or mascara? mascara
- What is your top hair tip? Style it really well on day 1 and you can get away without touching it for a few days : ) I want it to look good but also can be lazy when it comes to styling. Braids are such a quick fix on messy hair days. Some hair tips I posted here.
- What are your top 5 beauty must haves? 1) Wet Brush 2) Lip treatment 3) Garnier BB cream for light coverage 4) my honey mask 5) Perlier body wash + lotion I’ve got to have soft skin, soft lips and everything else is the icing on top!
- Who are your favourite youtubers? Amber Fillerup of Barefoot Blonde, Cara Brook of MaskCara
- How would you describe your style? I like sharp, sophisticated & sexy pieces and mix it up with super feminine pieces. I actually need to expand the casual part of my wardrobe since I tend to gravitate towards dressier items. I feel most confident in a structured dress. I want to look like a woman while leaving something to the imagination.
- What is your favourite brand of makeup brushes? I like Sephora’s collection but recently bought a brush from MaskCara’s new line and love it!
The stunning Whit of WhitJxoxo has such a cute blog (please go check it out) and she nominated me for the Liebster award! Here’s my answers:
1. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate is a girl’s very best friend.
2. Describe your perfect vacation. Heading to Greece very shortly and it’s been my number 1 destination forever! I feel like it will be the perfect trip. Vacation to me is about being spontaneous and doing a lot of fun things but also setting aside some time to relax. Unplugging is the best part for me! I love other cultures and it’s the best when you can fully immerse yourself and learn something from the place you’re visiting. Like I say… “eat ramen noodles to travel”. There’s always a reason not to go on trips but I really value experiences so I prioritize travel. I spend each vacation thinking of where I want to go next. Others on the list: Thailand, Croatia, Australia, to name a few.
3. What is your all time favorite makeup product, one you couldn’t live without? It would be hard to part with my Nars Orgasm blush. My favorite make up items are the ones that kind of brighten your face up and give you a touch of color.
4. What is your favorite boutique or clothing store? My favorite local Boutiques would be Bevello & Lotus. Lulu’s and Asos are favorites too!
5. What is your motivation for blogging? I have clients and friends ask me often how I style my hair (I do fishtails and dutch braids a lot) and how to do it. After years of thinking about it, I decided to use the blog I started in 2011 (wrote one post and forgot about it. haha) to answer general questions about my hair and from then it just kind of grew into what it is currently. I truly enjoy it and it’s my favorite thing to do these days. I’m finally figuring out the direction I want to go and it’s taken me a few months to decide I want to focus more on fashion, hair styles, and travel. I love connecting with others and while it’s been a learning experience, it’s definitely a fun one and I look forward to being creative with each post.
6. What is your favorite quote? All the best ones. : ) Shakespeare & Goethe are some favorites but I can’t narrow it down. I have an affinity for beautiful words.
7. What is your favorite restaurant ever? In Charlotte, Soul Gastrolounge has some of the best food I think I’ve ever had. Their menu is versatile and has something for everyone and I love the atmosphere & their cocktails. I’m also a sucker for Mexican food so any hole in the wall place will do and as in inside joke I have to say that Harvey’s is my all-time favorite.
8. What is your Favorite TV series ever? I’m afraid I’m boring in that I don’t keep up with the latest shows at all. I still frequent reruns of Seinfeld, & HIMYM. I always pick comedies that you can pick up watching anywhere.
9. How do you unwind? I’m one of those people that can be really outgoing but I looove alone time. Sometimes I have so much fun when I’m by myself! When I want to unwind I’ll either spend some time outside by the water, walking in the woods, or just being lazy at home with Raja. Baking and movies are common on nights in.
10. Do you prefer online shopping or actually going to the store? I may be a terrible fashion blogger because while I appreciate clothes I actually loathe shopping! I really dislike trying clothes on. haha so I tend to online shop which suits my busy schedule best and I can easily compare prices.
Now it’s my turn to ask the questions:
1) If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
2) If you have only 5 minutes to get ready, what is your beauty regime?
3) If you were a Disney Princess, which one would you be?
4) Favorite fashion icon.
5) If you have to pick between one or the other to do your hair or makeup which would you do?
6) How old were you when you finally figured out how to have good brows? (haha)
7) When did you start blogging and what’s your story behind it?
8) Where are you from?
9) Which post have you written that’s your favorite?
10) What brings you the most joy?
Not all of these ladies I’m nominating are beauty bloggers but I don’t want to leave anyone out and I can’t wait to hear your answers! You’re nominated so take it and run with it. : ) Repost if you like and tag your own followers. Please check out their blogs and thank you again for the nominations I have to pass it around!
- Amy, Polished by Amy
- Liz, Witty ‘N’ Pretty
- Carmen, Lafemme Carmen
- Anisha, Imperfectly Perfect One
- “B”, Beauty By B xo xo
- Maeva, Beauty By Maeva Tarelli
- Christina, christinabeex3
- Kelly, Workinggirldiy
- Rosalyn, Filipinoinsideout
Thank you girls for nominating me and welcoming me into the blogging community so warmly.